In order to conduct assessments for high risk work (HRW) licence in the Northern Territory, individuals must be accredited by NT WorkSafe.

Step One:

  • Completed application;

  • Required fee;

  • Photo ID;

  • Completed RTO alignment form and RTO scope;

  • Minimum two years evidence of industry and operational experience including a copy of your HRW licence; and

  • Certificate IV in Training and Assessing.

Step Two:

  • Complete legislation test; and

  • Complete the relevant class test.

Please note, individuals who are accredited as an assessor by another WHS Regulator are not required to complete Step Two.

Conditions of Accreditation

The conditions of accreditation as an assessor for high risk work licence is issued by NT WorkSafe. Accredited Assessors are required to comply with the conditions pursuant to Regulation 121 of the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Regulations 2011.

Lodging an application

All licence applications are to be lodged with the Territory Business Centre.​