The use of blasting explosives, display fireworks and special effects in the Northern Territory is restricted to people who hold a NT Shotfirers Licence.

Types of licences

There are various types of licences available depending on what training or experience the applicant has had.

These include:

  • agricultural / seismic / small scale blasting
  • quarrying / open cut
  • construction
  • tunnelling and underground mining
  • firework displays
  • special effects
  • other.

PDF documents require a PDF reader to be installed, view a list of available PDF readers.